RAND WATER RACE FOR VICTORY
110 km RACE
• The first 4,1 km and the final 4,1 km of the event is on the same route.
• At 8,5 km mark PAY ATTENTION at Nampak intersection – bumpy roads / pedestrians. Turn left and then cross over highway (R59) and turn right at
• Cycle along Kliprivier Road for another 6,5 km until the R82 intersection.
• Pay attention at R82 intersection after 24,5 km – two turns left are encountered.
• Long uphill drag (10 km) to Walkerville. First tester for legs! (CAUTION! ROAD WORKS ON THE ROAD.)
• Sharp turn left into Randvaal Road at 36 km. First water point at 36.5 km mark.
• Pass Lapeng Centre on left.
• Continue on Randvaal Road, (DO NOT TURN LEFT INTO JOAN RD) over the R59 and railway line bridge, Start venue on your left hand side.
• Turn right into Daleside into Kroonarend road
• Turn right into Karee Road, the church is on your left hand side.
• Turn left at the next intersection into Bokmakierie Road. This is a 3km flat section with the railway line on your right hand side, past the crushers on your left side. At the entrance to the crushers you will encounter a short piece of cobbles.
• You will now encounter an S bend and then turn left to cross Henley Drive.
• Make a right turn into Blougras and left again into Kruisgras.
• Cross over into The Avenue. The next 6km is through the outskirts of the town Henley-on-Klip. It is fairly flat but with many intersections and sharp S bends where you need to concentrate.
• 1st intersection: The Avenue, St Davids and Shillings Ford street (church on your right)
• 2nd intersection: The Avenue, St Martins and Wargrave Road, cross over (left). Big dip in the road.
• You will go past the Oprah Winfery School (back of school)
• Turn right into Ewelme Road.
• You will cross over two speed humps and the retirement village (left hand side).
• When coming out of Henley-On-Klip, turn left onto Verwoerd road. You will cross the Klipriver.
• Turn right onto the Bloemendal Road / Aerials route and continue for 7,2km. The SECOND WATER POINT is situated on this road.
• Turn left onto the R42 for 9,7km. Be cautious, this is a very busy road. Go past the first road that turn to your left.
• Turn left onto Verwoerd Road, continue for 4,3km.
• Turn right at the intersection into Karee Road. The nature reserve is on your right hand side. The THIRD WATER POINT is situated opposite the entrance of the nature reserve.
• Turn right in the slipway into Joan Road. Continue for 7km.
• Left turn into Springbok Road (M61) in southerly direction back home towards the Circus.
• Road closure from this point onwards, i.e. Joan road to Finish.
• FINISH at 110 km.
RIDE AND ARRIVE SAFE